25 Things About Me:
1. I usually eat the same foods every day. This does not mean I do not enjoy new and interesting things, it just means once I know what I like, I stick with it. Which means a lot of tomato soup and peanut butter.
2. I save all of the birthday cards and thank-you notes I've received over the years. Yes, there are a lot of them and yes, they take up space. But I don't want to throw them away.
3. I look back on things I used to believe in so strongly and laugh. A lot of it is political, some of it has to do with spirituality and more of it has to do with myself and how I viewed life/love/ideas/truth.
4. I have saved every single movie ticket stub from every movie I've seen in theatres since 1999. My very first one is "Never Been Kissed." It is quite a collection.
5. I do not like tea infused with any kind of red fruit. I will eat a raspberry, but I will not drink raspberry tea.
6. Some brand names I am intensely loyal to. Things like Tide laundry detergent, CVS pharmacy, Secret deodorant, etc.
7. I do three crossword puzzles a day - the Metro paper, the New York Times and the USA Today.
8. I started a community kayak club in my hometown in high school. I am proud to know it is still going on.
9. I read multiple books at one time. I can pick up a book I haven't touched in weeks, open it up where I left off and still know what's going on.
10. I am becoming more and more impulsive as I grow in Christ. I used to be a hardcore planner, but now I'm not. It is so wonderful.
11. My dream house would have a huge wraparound front porch, a wood shop and a darkroom.
12. I think yoga is incredibly spiritual. I know the Lord is with me in my downward dog.
13. I prefer talking on a phone with a cord on it to a cordless phone. I'm not sure why, I just like being attached to something. Plus I pace when I'm on the phone, and a cord keeps me more in one spot.
14. I've been to Provence, to the Scottish highlands, but some of the most beautiful scenery I've ever seen was in my backyard in Navarre, FL. During the summer, every afternoon black thunderclouds would roll in from the north. I love the color of those clouds contrasted with the green trees.
15. For all of the reasons I am going to be a teacher, for everything God has called me to do in education, one of the coolest things is a summer vacation for life.
16. I could spend hours looking at the stars.
17. I never take medicine. Not for colds, not for headaches, not for anything. If I have one foot in the grave, I might take one Advil.
18. I very much enjoy doing laundry. It makes me feel so domestic.
19. When I was a kid, I used to drink about 3-4 Cokes a day. When I was in 4th or 5th grade, my dad told me I could only have one Coke a week and that was it. He totally followed through, and now I don't drink Coke at all. I can't even remember the last one I had.
20. It annoys the heck out of me when people say "pop." It's Coke. Soda is also acceptable.
21. My Southern accent comes out strong when I'm nervous. I can't even turn it off during those times. When I'm in the South it's always on, and people ask me if New Yorkers like it or not.
22. When I was a kid, I had the hardest time saying "drawer." It wasn't until I was about 15 or 16 I could say that word without thinking about it. I had to consider the word carefully and set my mouth just right.
23. I know I could work at any place, do any job in the world, as long as I like the people I worked with. I'm always reminded of Roseanne season one when she works at the plastic factory. If I worked with my friends, I could do that as well.
24. When it comes time to name my own children, my favorite names all come from characters in books or movies.
25. I am absolutely addicted to Carmex. I have about eight little containers of it so that one is always within reach wherever I go.