Sunday, September 20, 2009

Paradise by the Dashboard Light

Today, as I was walking home, I passed by this certain pizza place down the block that has outdoor speakers that play the radio. Meat Loaf's "Two Outta Three Ain't Bad" was blaring, which definitely takes me back. I tend to go through phases of music. Like two years ago, I listened to the Eagles, and only the Eagles, for about two months. The songs just made sense, you know? In high school I had a Meat Loaf phase. I used to love to go on long drives, and I would listen to Bat Out of Hell from beginning to end (back in the day when gas was cheap!). I'd take the car, pick a direction and drive until I felt like turning around.

Certain songs just remind me of driving so much. Like "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" by Blue Oyster Cult. I used to listen to that song so much in the car.

Something I love about Meat Loaf's songs are they are all so epic. I mean epic! songs here. They all tell a story in this power ballad-esque fashion. So dramatic. Love it, love it. And have you ever seen the videos? I watched "I'd Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That)" online. Intense!

I am reading The Count of Monte Cristo for book club. This book is so compelling! And gripping. Parts of it I just read and read and can't put it down. We are reading the unabridged version, so getting through all of the obviously extra stuff has been a bit hard. Have definitely gone through a lull, so glad that's over. It's my brother's favorite book, and I can definitely see why. I'm nearly halfway through, so only 700 pages to read by Saturday (gasp!). I can do it.

The Bears won today. Woot!

I so enjoy listening to Pandora. I have a station called "Southern Comfort" and it always manages to play the most perfect songs. Yes, I did just say "most perfect."

I so want to learn to play the guitar. So I can play "Classical Gas" and have it sound absolutely amazing. In my dreams though.

Today's quote (can't believe I keep forgetting a quote!) will come from Mr. Aday:

"And some days I pray for silence/And some days I pray for soul/Some days I just pray to the god/Of sex and drums and rock and roll"

No comments:

Post a Comment